2019 William Wilfred Campbell
1. Contestants must reside in Bruce and Grey counties.
2. Theme- OPEN
3. No more than 2 entries may be submitted per poet.
4. A $10 Entry fee per Adult poet, to be included with the submitted poem(s) in the form of cash or cheque, made payable to: the WWCampbell Appreciation Society
5. Contest entries must be unpublished and typed in black ink and one per page (8 1/2 x 11) inch white bond paper - not to exceed 45 lines. Letter quality computer printouts or photocopies are acceptable.
6. All entries must contain your name, address, telephone number, email address and poem(s) titles on a cover page, category (Adult or Grades 1-3, 4-5, 6-8, 9-12).
May 27th for Youth Categories
June 10th for Adults
Please mail to, or drop off by hand:
William Wilfred Campbell Poetry Festival, Contest Registrar
C/O Bruce County Public Library, Wiarton Branch
Wiarton, Ontario N0H 2T0
The top 10 finalists will be notified prior to the festival, and must attend and read their poems as part of the festival Sunday, June 24, 1-3 pm, 2019. The top 2 winning poems will then be announced, and the winners will receive their prizes: one of 2 $500 cash prizes! Youth Categories (Grades 1-3, 4-5, 6-8, 9-12) will receive $125 eachThis year's festival will be held at The Meeting Place, Wiarton on Sunday, June 23rd.
First Canadian rights will become the property of the festival, which may publish them in an anthology at some later date.
Note: More information about the youth poetry contest will be posted soon